NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY-TOUCH SUNBLOCK SPF 55 Review

How many of us wear sunblock on a regular basis? Have you used it from the time you have been going to school with your mom's scampering around you to get you to slather some on? Just reminds me of the time when my mom used to try to slap some on my sister and me before we went to frolic in the sun.
Most of them were so uncomfortably greasy. Having been brought up in the U.A.E and the horrid summers there would ensure our sunblock sliding off our faces making us a goopy mess before we could say taekwondo. Let's get on with our review of this sunblock I recently got to test out.

                                Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 Review

NEUTROGENA ULTRA SHEER DRY-TOUCH SUNBLOCK SPF 55


Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55 is a revolutionary, dermatologist-tested formula that contains Helioplex® technology, the latest breakthrough in UV protection. 
Helioplex® delivers unbeatable UVA protection. It works better to help prevent damaging UVA rays from penetrating deep under skin's surface. Dry-Touch technology absorbs excess sunscreen oils, leaving a clean, lightweight, non-shiny finish. 
Serious sun protection never felt this light on your skin. 
This product features Helioplex®, a breadth of stabilized sunscreen technologies that delivers superior protection from the sun. 

Water-proof, Sweat-proof, PABA- free, Non-comedogenic(won't clog pores)

BEST FOR

All skin types

HOW TO USE


Apply liberally on face and body 15 minutes before sun exposure. 

For added protection, reapply after swimming, excessive sweating, towel drying, or extended sun exposure.

MY EXPERIENCE AND THOUGHTS



It's a thick white cream which on application leaves a white tint to my skin which gradually when rubbed in with some effort absorbs into my skin and leaves quite a matte finish.

However, in a humid locale like Mangalore I started to sweat, the product did not come off but it did feel like I had something really heavy on my face and I wanted to wipe it off before I went to the gym.
But I wanted to test this further so I left the heavy feeling to linger and proceeded to my workout.
It did not slide off on rubbing with my gym towel, it was still there.
I do not think it's waterproof though as I splashed my face with water, I knew the sunblock was not on my face anymore.
I have used this outside for a short period of time but I did tan if I went outdoors longer with this. I tan really fast by the way, I have really sensitive skin.
It did not break me out but I would be looking for a better formulation for those really hot summer days.
It has a pleasant smell, nothing overbearing.

Hole in my wallet: It was a gift


I ♥it 



Share:

18 comments

  1. I always wondered if there would be any adverse effect of these on the skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already got one blogger friend who had an allergy with this.

      Delete
  2. seema a good product for me...:) will try .:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Niesha. Nice to see you in here :))

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. That sucks! I am not purchasing this again, either, Smita.

      Delete
  4. no neutrogena product has suited me till date-and in a sun-major country like India-I wonder if there is at all a perfect sunscreen available! Nice review-and BTW-are the cute marks on the tube made by you!!?? hehe-I used to do them too once :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to see you in here, hope you are well :) Even I wasn't happy with this product from Neutrogena. I am still sticking to my Lotus sunscreen for now as it's better for my skin type. The doodling is by me, lol. I must have been talking to someone on the phone while unconsciously scribbling away, happens sometimes :)

      Delete
  5. When it comes to sunscreen, I either use the lotus one or the lakme one. I had tried a Neutrogena toner in the past and it did not go well with me. After that I did not try any of their products. Anyways nice review :)

    http://pradnya015.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Pradnya, this is the first product from Neutrogena that I tried in recent years and I loved the Lotus sunscreen. It sits very well on me. Thank you for your lovely comment

      Delete
  6. wonderful review... I keep checking your blog for clear info on latest beauty products and you never disappoint.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Amina, I try my level best to give my readers my honest take on a product. :) I feel happy you find them useful.

      Delete
  7. I havent tried any neutrogena products till now because I've always had this preconceived notion that they'll never work for me :D dunno why though. And even I have sensitive skin which tans immediately irrespective of what i do! :D Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol You have cosmetic intuition, Deeps :) It's so hard to get the tan off once it tans. I stick to natural remedies to get them off. Thank you for your encouragement, dear :)

      Delete
  8. Nice review CC :) :) I will check this product out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use this. But I don’t use it on my face. mostly on my arms only


    love
    http://www.meghasarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megha, I think I should use them on my arms as well. I know it will help from keeping the tan at bay. :)

      Delete