Best Hair Stylist In Mangalore: Fringge Elite Unisex Salon Review

If you have been searching for the best hair stylist in Mangalore, guys and girls, your search ends here. Trust me, when I say I have been searching and been through so many hair dressers in the city who have always chopped off my locks and zipped it in a poly bag(I guess they used to sell it), I've had all kinds of nightmares happen to me, that I used to fear going for a cut in this city.
I used to either fly all the way to Pune or Bangalore or Dubai and wait till vacation to get my hair dressed. That was up until I met Santosh Kumar. Now this is the point where you drop chewing gum, reduce the volume of your tv sets and tell your dogs to stop barking because you are going to take notes from here. And take them well because you won't find this information anywhere on the internet. Believe me, I've tried. You want a stylist who is kind, concerned and ever-willing to listen to your hair issues? Are you looking for someone who knows hair and has been doing hair all his life? He knows intuitively what you want and what is good for you. I swear, you guys, I was sweating thinking of giving my precious locks in the hands of a stranger but from the minute I entered this salon, it felt like I had landed in the right place.


When you enter, make sure you ask for the head stylist, Mr.Santosh Kumar. I know he cuts hair really well and I was very particular that he took care of me. He was already working on another client, so I had time to snoop around and get to know the place. I actually had a little bit of a hard time finding the place, initally, because I could not see a board outside the building, only when you enter do you even see an arrow pointing into the lift, then you go up and land here. This miracle of a little spa hole which I wouldn't have imagined while I was coming up.


While I waited, their very sweet staff handed over some awesome magazines to read. On any other day, I would have dived right into it being an avid reader but today, I was more into browsing the place and checking out their lovely interiors. The place was spanking clean, styled in all white with black plush furniture. The seating was very comfy and atmosphere was really relaxed. The ambience and music was really lovely. Great care and a good amount of thought was given to building up this place. Well, it definitely shows.

Fringge Elite Unisex Salon Mangalore Review
This parlor is unisex and it has both male and female waiting staff. I was taken in for my hair wash by a trained female staff. She knew exactly how to do her job, she was trained to perfection, I have very thick hair but she didn't tire of washing and conditioning it. They have fresh towels to wrap up your hair. Did I already mention how hygienic everything was. Score full points for that.


It did not take all that much time as you are given an appointment and based on that, you get to your hair styling station quite soon. Santosh apologized for making me wait, like just for 5 minutes, he was so sweet. I immediately tried to talk to him about how concerned I was that my hair didn't get chopped off in an unsightly manner and that I wanted to keep some of my length. He absolutely listened to me patiently and he analyzed my hair. It was the very first time that someone understood my concerns of thick hair which was very heavy to tie in a ponytail. He gave me a cut, before which he went on to explain how it would help give some lightness to it while giving it some movement. I don't know hair the way he did but he sure knew what he was talking about. He was the first stylist who took the time and pain to explain to me the cut that he was going to give me and what purpose it would serve. He was quick, he knew his job, he was passionate about his work, his clients mean the world to him, he got talking and I don't talk to just about anyone. I just felt such an instant connect with him. I asked him where he was all my life!!! And why there was no board outside. He told me that most of his customers came by word of mouth and he wanted to give a personalized experience to each one of them. But I seemed to be the only one who didn't know of this place. I bumped into three of my friends while I was waiting. And I wanted to hit them on the heads for not telling me about this place. Wow, people keep secrets like this!!!


I must tell you I was so impressed at how elated I was to have met him. He was not trying to sell me stuff. Why I mention this is due to  my previous experiences with top notch parlors here in Mangalore went like five minutes into cutting my hair and their stylists would be trying to sell me a whole range of Loreal shampoo, conditioner and hair waxes I would never use or need. The experience was never relaxed unlike at this wonderful place. He was just doing his job and that was giving me the cut that I wanted.


How did I finally find this place? I asked around many groups, friends, online, googled and finally found out from somewhere that Santosh had a certification from Toni n Guy. That made my eyes pop. A Toni n Guy certification, in Mangalore!!! How did I miss this?


He has trained all his staff members to be excellent. They provide a wide list of services. There were people from all age groups visiting the salon while my hair was being worked upon. Usually you tend to see mostly youngsters here but even the elderly were very comfortable and made to feel at ease here. I could totally see myself getting my dad here when he is in town next. Guys, this place does not just pamper girls, you will get awesome hair cuts. Come here!


He asked me what products I used for my hair. He liked that the hair was really thick. I told him I used mainly organic products and did test out the new stuff out in the market as I was a blogger.  But I still stuck with only what worked for me in the end. He was advising against using chemicals and unwanted treatments.


I was so comfortable. After my hair was cut, it was styled and blow-dried by a lovely assistant who did her job to the T.



There is also a wall here where you can read all the comments and thank you notes from the lovely clientele that frequent this place. I got to add my note on the wall too. I think it's such a cute gesture and the wall is for everyone to see.

 I went there with limp and heavy hair and came back with lovely, gorgeous locks with lots of movement even with keeping the volume.


The salon has a whole range of services if you would like to explore, I will list out their website and further details at the end of this post.


This is me signing off with my latest experience and would love to review and see more professional and amazing places like this one here in Mangalore. Do give this place a try and let me know your favorite places in the city.

You may contact the parlor at :
Fringge Elite
2nd Floor, Essel Centre
M.G. Road, Mangalore,
Phone : 0824-4274044
Mobile : +918971014323
           +919880824044
Email : fringgeelite@gmail.com

SERVICES

Women

Hair Care
Face/ Neck /Back
Senior Stylist
Shampoo & Conditioning and blow dry (Short, Medium, Long, Curls)
Spiral Curls
Color Application – Root Touch-Up
Natural Hair Coloring ( Short, Medium, Long )
Global Coloring ( Short, Medium, Long)
Inoa
Root Touch-Up Coloring
Natural Hair Coloring ( Short, Medium, Long )
Global Hair Coloring (Short, Medium, Long)
Hair Streaking
Crown
Full
X Ten So ( Short, Medium, Long )
Henna ( Short, Medium, Long )
Perming ( Short, Medium, Long )
Ironing ( Short, Medium, Long )
Hot Roller ( Medium, Long )
LIGHT MAKE-UP
Bleach
Face
Neck
Full Body
Front
Back
Manicure And Pedicure
Normal Manicure
Normal Pedicure
Aroma Manicure
Aroma Pedicure
Paraffin Manicure Spa
Paraffin Pedicure Spa
Studio Manicure Spa
Studio Pedicure Spa
( A Truly Fantastic treat for the feet , it penetrates skin moisturizers and removes fine lines and wrinkles and bends a miled lightening effect )
French Manicure
French Pedicure
Cut, File and and Polish ( Fingers and Toes )
French Nail Polish
Cut and File ( Fingers )
Cut and File ( Toes )
Nail Art
Temporary Nail Extension
Permanent Nail Extension
Treatment
Hair Spa – The Studio Pick ( Short & Medium Hair )
( Includes a deep cleansing scalp massage coupled with International deep conditioning treatment that stimulates Circulation to the hair follicles adds bounce and controls Dandruff a fine panacea for dry brittle and falling hair )
Power Dose
Aminexil ( Advanced double action anti – hairloss Programme )
Pro – Keratin Shine Bond ( Hair is repaired deeply hydrated & shiny, feels soft & healthy )
Frizzy & Unmanageable Hair ( Smoothing Hair )
Hair Repair ( Damaged & Dry Hair )
Power Dose Color Hair
Anti Hair Fall Breakage
Skin Care
Face Massage
Zap e’m
Fresh Fruit Face Spa
Classic Face Spa
Chocolate Facial
Classic Aroma Face Spa
Great Classic Face Spa
Skin Lightning
Great Classic Twin Spa
Studio Fringge Face Spa
Waxing
Full Arms
Full Legs
Half Arms
Half Legs
Under Arms
Midrid
Back
Front
Shoulder
Full Body
Threading
Eyebrow
Upper Lip
Chin
Chin & Neck
Forehead
Full Face
Head Massage
( For blowdry Rs. 100/- Will be charged extra )
Mint Magic (15min)
Basic Bliss (15min)
Almond Affair (20min)
Olive Overture (20min)
Drastic De-Stress The Studio Pick (30min)
( A wholesome neutralizing package that includes deep scalp cleansing, a massage and a custom made hair cocktail with essential oil for stressed tresses )
Bridal Makeup
Bridal Package
Hair Cut and Styling, Studio Manicure and Pedicure Spa, Studio Facial Make Up, Full Body Herbal Bleech, Full Body Waxing.

Men

Hair Care
Hair Cut ( Inclusive of Shampoo & Conditioning )
Senior Stylist
Shampoo & Conditioning
Shampoo, Styling & Setting
Moustache / Beard Trim
Moustache Beard Art
Beard Coloring
Natural Hair Coloring
Global Hair Coloring
Treatment
Hair Spa – The Studio Pick ( Short & Medium Hair )
Hair Spa – The Studio Pick ( Long Hair )
( Includes a deep cleaning scalo massage coupled with International deep conditioning treatment that stimulates Circulation to the new follicles adds bounce and controls Dandruff a fine panacea for dry brittle and falling hair )
Power Dose (Per Bottle)
Aminexil (Per Bottle)
( Advanced double action anti- hairloss Programme )
Pro – Keratin Shine Bond
(Hair is Repaired deeply hydrated & Shiny, feels Soft & Healthy)
Manicure And Pedicure
Normal Manicure
Normal Pedicure
Aroma Manicure
Aroma Pedicure
Paraffin Manicure Spa
Paraffin Pedicure Spa
Studio Manicure Spa
Studio Pedicure Spa
( A Truly Fantastic treat for the feet , it penetrates skin moisturizers and removes fine lines and wrinkles and bends a miled lightening effect )
Cut and File ( Fingers and Toes )
Fingers
Toes
Inoa
Natural Hair Coloring
Global Hair Coloring
Highlighting
Henna
Kids Haircut (below 10 Yrs)
Straightening – Beginning
Smoothening – Beginning
Ironing
Make – Up
Out Station
Bleach
Face
Neck
Back
Full Body
Skin Care
Face massage
Zape’m
Fresh Fruit face spa
Classic Face Spa
Chocolate Facial
Classic Aroma Face Spa
Great Classic Face Spa
Skin Lightning
Great Classic Twin Spa
Studio Fringge Face Spa
Head Massage
Mint Magic (15min)
Basic Bliss (15min)
Almond Affair (20min)
Olive Overture (20min)
Drastic De-Stress The Studio Pick (30min)
( A wholesome neutralizing package that includes deep scalp cleansing, a massage and a custom made hair cocktail with essential oil for stressed tresses )
Bridegroom Package
Hair Cut and Styling, Make-Up, Coloring, Studio Manicure and Pedicure Spa, Studio Facial



Share:

44 comments

  1. Oh my gosh i want ur hair. They r looking so gorg <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hv nt been to a salon in a while.. i m growing my hair n hvnt chopped them in a year.. a lil bit of pampering doesnt hurt.. u hv lovely hair by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't been to a salon in a while either, more because I was lazy and worried about the kind of the services. Thank you so much :)

      Delete
  3. Your hair is just sooo amazing!. Touchwood. What an amazing experience you had. I wish I could go there too. My hair needs a gorgeous cut like yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Naz. :) It was truly an amazing experience.

      Delete
  4. You have such gorgeous hair ... Wish my hair could be like yours <3 Love you blog Dear Please check out my blog also :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such pretty hair Coral. <3 I had a hair cut recently but wanna go for a color color now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, dearest Niesha :) Would love to see your new hair color <3

      Delete
  6. you have beautiful hair dear!

    www.kohlcrush.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you, darling, wish you a very happy 2015 too <3

      Delete
  8. Woah..Tony and Guy certified stylist in Mangalore :O Ill surely try it when required. You have lovely hair. Thankyou for the post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good, very polite and thorough professionals. I just took my dad there yesterday and he was very happy too. Thank you for the lovely compliment :) Do try them and recommend to your friends and family <3

      Delete
  9. Nice Info! There are many women wish to get the attractive eyebrow shape so they use beauty salon services.

    Herbal Beauty Salon in NY | Herbal Beauty Salon Valley Stream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, dear Angela. Yes, it's easier to leave eyebrows in the hands of the expert.

      Delete
  10. You Look Soooooooo Cuteee!!
    And, Your Hair Are Gorgeous!! *_*
    I Loved The Layers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Heena, you are very, very kind :) thank you so much. Hair grew long again and it's already time for another cut!! :) xoxo

      Delete
  11. You have such beautiful thick hair, wowww, loved ur hair ! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweety. So nice to see you here <3 <3

      Delete
    2. Hi coral, u look so cute there. Very innocent n flawless! God bless

      Delete
  12. Wow your hair look so nice... and you explained things very nicely... it's good that you are sharing valuable info with others :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sindhu. I really enjoy reading your wonderful blog posts too :)

      Delete
  13. i was desperately looking for a good hair salon .my hair is long and i want to get it cut short this time.so im really scared if it turns out to be bad.I called up fringe elite and they suggested bobby .
    Do you know if he is better than santosh for hair cuts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vanditha. I have not got it cut from Bobby. Perhaps it would be better you visit their salon and talk to the stylists there, you would instantly know who understands your requirement when you speak to them. Santosh is really good. I do not know about Bobby as I only got it cut by Santosh. try and see.

      Delete
  14. Your description is really very nice, because it gives the easier solution and better treatment for those persons who don't have at that much time for taking a good care of hair.

    Herbal Facial in Valley Stream | Bridal Makeup in Valley Stream

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey..nice post!!..
    my hair is short...n frizzy n dull...i a looking for a haircut..your post seems convincing...I would like to try this out!
    can u tell smething about charges there...!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kiran , their charges are quite nominal compared to most hair dressers in the city. You get what you pay for and sometimes even more. I think you will like the place, just go ahead and visit the salon, ask for the rate card. they will give it to you and they are very polite. do not hesitate, just go and have a look for yourself. then you can book your appointment after that. warm regards

      Delete
  16. nice post... (Y) :)
    Can u tell someting about charges?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you,Kiran. they have a rate chart which they show you upon request. you can sit in their lounge and have a look at the services offered. The charges are bordering on nominal to higher rates, depending on the service you choose. they do not force you to buy products or unnecessary things that you won't need like the other salons in mangalore.

      Delete
  17. He wisely chooses haircut that suits individuals face. You won't be disappointed even after you wash your hair at home, when the styling done in the saloon is gone.
    Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suvratha, I have to agree. He is very sincere, very smart and he knows his job well. Overall, as a person also he is a very dedicated to his work. You are most welcome. I am happy you liked his services. warm regards

      Delete
  18. hey
    i loved ur hair and i die to meet a person who shows interest in my hair n sugests abt whch cut would go well on me,i have tried few other places in mangalore n not found anyone good.cant wait to go to this saloon!
    im actualy thinkin of havin my hair smoothened,keratin smoothing..do u have any idea on that? what the price wud b or how safe is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Mridula, so far I felt that this is the only stylist in mangalore who does a great job. He knows what he is doing with his clients hair and also he patiently listens to them and discusses what the client is interested in doing. He is extremely polite. Do meet up and have a chat before you decide. they openly let you know the rates and stuff if you are interested in doing keratin etc, i don't have much idea of those things as I have not had to do them...I am guessing it should come around 5000 or more perhaps? safety wise, i doubt that any form of chemical treatment is safe for the hair at all.I am sure it will always have side effects in the long run. i don't suggest anyone to go ahead with it either. best to keep your hair natural. you iron your hair straight for special occasions but that's about it. thank you for your comment.

      Delete
  19. Thank you so much for your info and review. I have been there and it was a wonderful experience and I am happy and satisfied with my new haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for the post and your review was very helpful for me. I have been there and it was really a wonderful experience. I am happy and satisfied with my new haircut. It's a great feeling that you experience when u leave your hair in perfect hands. Best styling. ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to be of assistance and that you enjoyed your experience with them. You are right, you feel great when you get styled the right way.

      Delete
  21. I went there seeing this post . Unfortunately it was urgent and I had to take an appointment for Mr . Santosh . So some other person cut my hair. The experience was very nice . The wash was relaxing and the finished look was so much good looking . I will recommend that everyone should try this salon at least once .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. Santosh is a very busy stylist so one needs to fix appointment prior. He's the best so next time you can call up before hand. It's nice that the stylist who cut your hair did a great job, they are all well trained. Thank you for coming back and letting me know that you had a great experience there. I love hearing feedback :)

      Delete