Biotique Bio Coconut Whitening and Brightening Cream Review

Biotique has been a brand I had ventured into using right from college days. I don't know how I chanced upon it then. But I like to imagine that I strolled into a fancy store one fine day when I was most likely bunking class, and me being the face-mask loving freak, decided to explore the little green tubs lining the glass shelves.
I don't think this was the first product from their line that I may have used. It must have been most likely their fruit face pack which I love and will review shortly. 
This I remember was recommended by a friend of mine, let's call her Penguin. Because that's what I used to call her in those days anyway. Penguin's sister was getting married. She'd come visiting from Kuwait and was raving about this product to me saying how her tan completely lifted off and how it made her glow on her wedding day. If someone raves about something I used to just buy it. There were no beauty blogs then to go consult and research before getting anything.
It took me so much time to review this because it took me even longer to finish it and do full justice to the review.
I just wanted to find one good thing because I really like Biotique as a brand but not this product.

First of all it's a very thick, goopy cream which is white in colour.
It has a strong smell of coconut cream, the kind that I do not like. Not the smell you get in those delish cakes.
It's super greasy, super oily and super icky.
It sits on your skin like a tub of lard and will not melt in.
It makes me want to wash it off the minute I apply it.
My pores get clogged and my skin feels really uncomfortable.
It did not help in any form of tan removal. I felt my skin looked darker than it should be.
It made me sweat at any temperature, be it in a centrally air conditioned room or otherwise.
I have used the entire little tub and it did not give me the results I imagined it would.
Very disappointed with this product.
Maybe, just maybe, if you have extremely dry skin you may want to try it but I wouldn't even if I had dry skin.
I finished the last of it off by using it on my feet but even then I had to wipe it off before sleeping.

Can a product ever get 0/5 on Coral Crue? We are never that harsh but well, this is a first.
MRP- RS.199

Have any of you had any results with this product? I would love to know. but I am not getting this again.

Share:

46 comments

  1. Nice Review Coral that's bad it got 0/5 :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate coconut smelling products.. ZERO.. ufffff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to give it a zero from my experience.

      Delete
  3. Ohh that was a dud!! I have realized that most of the biotique products dont work and I have seen them getting lowest scores on many blogs.
    Nice reiew Coral! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's sad, I've tried their fruit pack, the papaya scrub and those I really liked. I also want to test out their mud pack. Heard good things about it. I guess this is one of those duds. Thanks, Niesha for your input :)

      Delete
  4. sad it didnt work! nice review:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It didn't even work for me..i ended up using it on my hands..such a wastage..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same experience, right. I am glad I have finished using it up

      Delete
  6. Oops.. Such a Dud!

    And, LOL! Penguin! Why? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used to walk like one, that's why. hahahaha :)

      Delete
  7. Well, one look at that thick, goopy mess, in the pic you posted, I hated it. Well, it's really sad that an Ayurvedic product like that would be so useless. That too with the nourishing ingredient (coconut) being there :(. Sad.. but nicely reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, everytime I see this post, it reminds me of the mess it used to be to use it. uggggh. It's one product where they didn't use coconut well.

      Delete
  8. such a honest review dear !
    xoxo Shreya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shreya. I try to keep my reviews clear and precise. xoxo

      Delete
  9. I like Biotique as a brand but sometimes I found the worst products from them. I have been thinking of trying this one but after reading your review, I wont. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will check out your blog for the duds you have mentioned. It's not worth trying.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Karishma, I really had to give it that after using it. I felt I might have even tanned more. So zero it is

      Delete
  11. Have used it too, didnt work one bit for me as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aditi, most of us seem to feel the same way about this. It's a confirmed dud now.

      Delete
  12. I had the same experience with this one and it's now sitting unused in my cupboard :)

    New Post up...
    ❤ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they remove this from their line as it serves no purpose. Perhaps they can rake in some other useful product in it's place. Thanks, Shalini :)

      Delete
  13. Lovely review Coral :) I thought to buy this one, now i should skip it :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gowmi. Hope you are having a good day. Yes, this one I do not suggest.

      Delete
  14. no doubt its a good brand but sad it didn't work.nice review coral :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. There are other products from this brand that remain an eternal favoutire for me :)

      Delete
  15. Whoa! Will stay away from this one... I feel Biotique products are like a chance, they either work for you or don't :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Swati :) I guess not much research went into this particular product.

      Delete
  16. Nice review, I like the face packs from biotique a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi dear,
    I read ur review & just want to say that u hv probably tried this cream in summers, since its all happening in Sept & its very humid during those days. The very fact that its a cream means it is ONLY FOR WINTERS. And may be thats d reason u didnt like it & found it so greasy.
    I m certain if u try it in winters, it wont be such a failure.

    Lotions r water based moisturisers meant for summers. They hv a runny consistency.
    Creams r fat/oil based moisturisers meant for winters. They hv a thick consistency.
    I hope this helps :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Anu. I have used this cream both in summers and winters. I have used maybe two to three bottles of this as I keep trying Biotique on and off to see if the formulas have been changed. Even when I use it in winters, I have found it extremely greasy and uncomfortable is the right word. I do understand the difference between lotion, cream etc. But thank you so much for your comment. Have you found this product helpful?

      Delete
  18. Oh!! ok. Then its f9, I guess as they say its only for dry skin girls. I want to try it, m going to buy it now for winters in Jan, b'coz I hv heard others giving gud reviews of it. Will let u know after using for a month :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, so you are yet to use it. Alright, check it out. I love their new range by the way. Awesome face washes!

      Delete
  19. havent tried this brand before.. better skip this 1 :)

    http://pinkcloudsz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Zatheela and welcome to Coral Crue :)

      Delete
  20. hi coral do u know any whitening creamss?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drugstore ones are not so great. You can try a more natural version which was recently launched by Biotique. You may also try out DIY packs using fresh tomato juice. That helps.
      Or else you could go to a dermatologist who can recommend you medicated creams. They work well too. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Kiran.

      Delete
  21. Hi Coral,even i have used this product from biotique and i am on the verge of finishing the bottle but it didnt give me positive results at all.It makes my skin super greasy on application and also i didnt notice any brightening effect as claimed by the product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ahana, thank you for your views on the same. I use other products from them like the fruit pack and quite like it but this was one was really the dud. I ended up finishing it up on my feet as it doesn't suit my face. it sure is very greasy.

      Delete
  22. Hi Coral,even i have used this product from biotique and i am on the verge of finishing the bottle but it didnt give me positive results at all.It makes my skin super greasy on application and also i didnt notice any brightening effect as claimed by the product.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Coral,even i have used this product from Biotique but it gave me no positive results.It makes my skin super greasy on application and also i didnt notice any whitening or brightening effect as claimed by the product...Its such a waste....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi, Appreciate your honest opinion. Could you review biotique wheat germ cream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ripsita. I have not yet tried the wheat germ cream. I will do so soon :)

      Delete
  25. I was wondering if you have done another review since the company has reformulated and repackaged this product?

    ReplyDelete