Newby of London Saffron Tea Review

Lately I've not been too fond of adding milk in my tea. No, don't think I'm going to refuse tea with milk in it. I certainly love my elaichi tea...very much, but not for a regular fix. Especially when I am winding my day up and getting set for bed, and a hunger pang kicks in, I prefer to have a light tea infused with some herbs.
So that's where my new found love for Newby Saffron tea comes in.
Saffron being one of the most sought after and healing spice, it renders a sweet and spicy aroma to black tea which quite captivates the senses and puts it to deep rest. It truly is a moment to have this one. 

For those who really like Saffron, this tea is for you. If you brew it longer, the tea does get a bit dark, so I suggest 3 mins of brewing is all you need to get a mildly spiced tea without the darkness of the tea overcoming the delicateness of the spice.
The tea bag comes sealed in a golden foil package which makes sure the aromas are not lost which is much favoured over the regular paper packaged tea bags as some of them tend to catch some mould if left uncared for in humid conditions.


This tea is truly world class, if you are a tea lover do not miss trying this out. They have a great variety of delicate flavours and you will not be less than impressed. You have my word for it.

This tea is slightly more expensive as you all know saffron comes from a flower which releases only three stigmas, the filaments, which is carefully handpicked. 
It is widely used for it's therapeutic properties and as a luxurious spice to lend aromas in delicacies like biryani and mughlai cooking to mention just a few.
I like to watch the world rush by while sitting in my balcony and sipping from my favourite cup. It's rather heavy but it's big and so earthy. It's my favourite mugga! :)


And I have added in this pic of a box that I am craving right now. Isn't it most perfect to store all your precious tea bags in?



 Available at pepperfry

You can also check out Newbyteas India

Share:

18 comments

  1. This is your balcony view? WOW! Who wouldn't want to sit in such a balcony and sip in something warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really cherish my view :) Infact, I cook out too whenever I feel the mood. i love being with nature. And, Apurva, you will like the view too because so many birds and butterflies visit :)

      Delete
  2. I love tea!! :D I am gonna visit the site right away :) and oh man that boxxx <3 <3 is that available in pepperfry too? :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Rekha!! :) Yes, that box and another pretty one are both available at pepperfry, I thnk with the tea bags included!! yaaay yaaay :)

      Delete
  3. I like green tea. Something tells me I will absolutely love this saffron tea. Love the packaging!. Looks previous. You didn't mention the price. I love berry infused teas you know. Once when I stayed over in a hotel, there were a variety of teas stored in the room in a box like the one you are craving for. It was so nice. I love your mug and the view from your balcony :). Very nice review, Coral!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you will definitely love this for sure, Naz. And guess what!! I got this from Waitrose at the Dubai Marina Mall. It's one of my favourite supermarkets there as we get flavoured rice noodles which i loveeeeee..... http://www.dubaimarinamall.com/Page/StoreDetails.aspx?StoreID=739
      But luckily it's available here in India too for those who want to buy it from here.
      I cannot remember the price that I paid in Dubai, for the life of me!! But here in India you get it varying from 350-500rs depending on size of the tin/box.
      I love berry infused teas, I got lipton rose hip peach tea along when I came back from Dubai. I haven't found it here and quite like it though I suspect the lovely flavour is not all natural haha and the colour is so pretty!!!
      So nice to have a stash of tea in such a pretty box in a hotel, wow! never seen anything like it.
      thanks for your lovely comment, Naz :)

      Delete
  4. i love tea...and the packaging looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is quite exotic and it's the first time I've seen tea packaged like this. I LOVE tea too :)

      Delete
  5. I love your big mug! Everyone should have a big mug for their favourite drink.
    And that box is so perfect for every tea lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice na, Swati. Even I really enjoy drinking from it. :)

      Delete
  6. Have definitely gotto try this :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abidha, it's easily available in UAE. I got it from Dubai Marina mall from the Waitrose there. They have lots of nice things stocked up.Hope you are doing great :)

      Delete
  7. sounds great..i love tea...great review n pretty clicks <3
    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2014/01/mua-nail-quake-crackle-glitter-review.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a tea lover and I am sure I am gonna like it :) n What a splendid view of your balcony hun...Fab :) <3

    ReplyDelete