Sally Hansen Diamond Strength No Chip nail Color Review




During the first two years of college I was crazy about changing my nail paint every other day. Sometimes to match outfits and other times to go completely bogus and wild. We would draw hearts in the center of some of our nail beds, paint each other's toe nails in hostel and steal one another's favorite shades like they were seasonal mangoes.
But towards the final years, it started to get really strict with rules as we were all entering hospitals and we couldn't sport goth nails colored all black and try to be all emo in front of people who were suffering. Me being a hardcore nail freak would look for better options like nude paints, clear ones or something that looked like this! But this paint is way better than all those that I used to wear in college.

I need three coats to achieve the color on the bottle but it still will not come out opaque though I feel three coats is more than enough for any nail paint . It applies great, dries up fast and applies as a baby pink sheen.
My nails do feel stronger for some reason. Must be the formula!
This shade is Fairy Tale Ivory. It's super feminine, dainty and pretty :)

The brush is narrow, so you need to apply more strokes till you get a smooth finish.
Best part is how fast it dries up. I do not need to wait for long to vamp up my peepers immediately when I decide to go to the supermarket and the girl in line in front of you has nothing better to do than stare at your feet while she is waiting for her turn to bill her groceries. Am sure that's totally relate-able.



There's a shade called Honeymoon Red in this range that is very popular, try to get your hands on that one if you want a really lovely and deep ruby red.
There is also the new range that houses neon colors. 
Do check it out if you love sporting bright shades.
Wears better than the other brands that I have tried so far. This one gets a thumbs up from me. Worth the spend :)



Share:

16 comments

  1. The shade looks super pretty and chic. Enjoyed reading the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A darker color wud better nt a fan of this one.. nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, so you love darker shades :) i used to wear quite a bit of those earlier but now steering towards light. a mix and match of all, depending on moods :) hehe

      Delete
  3. i love this shade so much. i use it everytime i just want a little shine on my nails and minimal color!

    www.gulaabigirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this shade so much too, Sanaya, it's definitely one of my favs :)

      Delete
  4. this shade is too cute and goes for school wear also..when you are not allowed to have nailpaints on...
    http://www.leavepillow.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Simran. Sure is great for school, it's light and dainty.

      Delete
  5. very pretty shade, i think i have a similar shade.
    http://theknotstory.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Coral. I am holding a similar shade from elle in my hands and absolutely adore it on u,,,!Nudes are always low maintenance n doesn't look that odd when chipped and u don't have time for vanity!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Riya. This one is truly a prized and well worth in my collection :) thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Nice review!. Haha, seasonal mangoes :P. What a funny thing to say.. Hehe.. Man, you sure were crazed about nail colors.. Every other day.. Wow!. I am not into nail polishes at all. But that color does look pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha am glad my sense of humor amused you :) Yes, those were the days, now I just have one or two nail paints in my stash. Am a little wary of all the chemicals that nail paints contain so try to wear it less.

      Delete