Dove Go Fresh Revive Beauty Bar in Pomegranate and Lemon Verbena Review







Don't you just love how they call it Beauty Bar and not Soap. Hmmm...Beauty bar :)
My cousin got this for me from the US when she came here for a holiday and I have not seen this variant here yet.
Dove describes this formula as ultra-light and a hydrating formula which quenches while the lively scents of pomegranate and lemon verbena gently awaken your mind and skin. How refreshing is that?

It truly is a refreshing bar.
After a certain age, I know people over 70's switching from all other brands to just plain Dove soap. Does that not talk volumes about the brand?
I was using the green tea and white variant but I easily get bored and want to try different fragrances and textures all the time. So this was a good replacement.
Packaging is the same as the original except for the hint of pink on the sides of the cardboard. I can smell the scent from outside the box, divine! I am definitely one of those sniffers you see at a department store. What the nose approves, goes into the cart.

The soap is a pale pink. Very soothing colour and the smell is absolutely comforting. Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits and I expected this to smell tangy but it's not as sharp as the smell of the fruit but certainly enticing enough.

 A very creamy texture just like all other Dove soaps. Lathers well and keeps the skin nourished and moisturized.



Bathing with Dove gives you skin that is always so soft to touch. I usually don't bother with a lotion after shower if I use Dove. Nothing like it to beat the morning blues and wake up your senses to a refreshing clean smell.

I definitely will recommend this to everyone. I give it 5/5 stars.

What's your favourite soap/ beauty bar?

Share:

21 comments

  1. Sounds refreshing...I love Dove bars....I am crazy about the shea butter one...have you tried that? It smells luxurious! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh I haven't seen the shea butter one, i sure will look now :) I have to try, thanks Abidha :) <3

      Delete
  2. Sounds quite nice! Would love to give this a shot! Cute pics:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Garima. I wonder why Dove hasn't launched all these amazing products from Revive here in India, yet

      Delete
  3. The packaging is cute would love to try fr sure.. thanks fr the review :)
    Check out my latest post on the blog:
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/03/coloressence-llipstick-in-ruby-rust.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natasha. this is one of my fav from their Revive line.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks, Margaret. Loved your site but couldn't comment as comments were closed. <3

      Delete
  5. It looks Cute and seems Refreshing .. Nicely Reviewed Dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vipra, they are really refreshing and great for summer time too ::) thanks

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Simera, thank you. it's a must try. really great bar!

      Delete
  7. Dove break me out :( Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh shucks, Sahana, that's terrible!! thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  8. I have never seen this variant yet!! I will hunt it down and give it a try! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen it around here either. I was lucky to get to try it though.

      Delete
  9. Looks awesome...I saw this at an export shop near my place...M definitely getting it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. saniya, definitely try it, it's a nice pleasant scent and feels nice on the skin :) <3

      Delete