What I ate today for lunch

Eating healthy or trying to most of the time. As summer's set in the craving for lighter and more juicier veggies have set in.
Not very fond of eating too much rice as it's too heavy these days, so I go for just a little over a spoon of it.
As you can see there are 5 varieties of vegetables for lunch today.
Some bitter gourd, a drumstick dish(love drumsticks) and they are really good for you.
Pumpkin stir fried- good for summers as the vegetable has a lot of water.
Little pieces of sweet pumpkin in a sweet and tangy yoghurt sauce with a dash of coconut oil, mustard and some curry leaves. I love this for summer! I had second helpings.
And finally, the heaviest of the lot, green banana kootu which was a tad spicy.
We also drink a lot of lightly spiced buttermilk after our meal.
It's been very hot this week. I don't know what's going to happen as it's just the beginning of summer and I am melting!

Share:

12 comments

  1. Replies
    1. thank you! I am trying to get used to healthy eating :)

      Delete
  2. Its still raining at my place. I too love taking butter milk at the end of the meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its' raining!!! waaaaaaah. it's soooooooo scorching and terribly hot here these days. i really fear the summer. buttermilk is so refreshing :)

      Delete
  3. I like drum sticks they are good fr health and when put in dal gives a lovely taste too ...
    Do chk out my latest haul post too :)
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/02/my-first-make-up-haul-in-2014-featuring.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must try them out in dal, wil definitely do it. thanks alot for the recommendation, Natasha. checked out your recent haul post, loved it :)

      Delete
  4. ooooh that looks yummy! I too love drinking buttermilk in summers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Initially I couldn't eat this healthy but I am very happy now with this lunch :) thanks, Lee :)

      Delete
  5. Wow you have such variety in your meal. I will usually choose one or two things to eat, not lots of different things on one plate. What a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe this is my lunch on most days, I have a little of everything! :)

      Delete
  6. Is this served in office canteen?yummy selections...m hungry...

    ReplyDelete