Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Cream + Serum Duo Review

Olay is definitely something that I have been using for a while. It is a well known brand.
Whenever I go abroad my aunts ask me to get them bottles of Olay Beauty Fluid. So it's always stocked up in my suitcases on return.
Here's a product that claims 7 anti-ageing miracles in one product.
I have to say I really like the packaging of this product. Even though it's plastic, it looks sophisticated and is a very light-weight product. It will fit easily into your handbag and will be inconspicuous till your next use.
It is also one of the first products that I have used which has a compartment that is empty at the base.
Another advantage is that it has a pump. Some really expensive foundation creams from big brands don't even provide something as simple as a pump. So 10/10 for the hygiene aspect and a pump that works efficiently to dispense just the right amount of product.

Olay claims that this is Total Effects most concentrated moisturising formula, with SPF 15.

It combines the total effects moisturizer with an intense serum to fight 7 signs of ageing to result in visibly younger looking skin.
The product claims to 
1. Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
2. Balance and even out skin tone.
3. Reduce the appearance of age spots.
4. Smooth and even out the skin texture
5. Provide nourishing moisturisation.
6. Gives skin radiance
7. Minimize the appearance of pores.

The ingredients are in the picture below. Yes, it is a potent concoction.
The cream is a little thick in texture. 
It has a mild fragrance which somewhat steers towards a sophisticated floral.
It blends in well into the skin and instantly moisturizes it so it's a great boon for someone who has parched and dry skin.
For combination skin like mine, it holds well for about thirty minutes before it starts getting uncomfortably greasy. That is, if you do not use much makeup. I wear it under my base makeup and I have noticed that I usually need to powder my face often because it does look shiny and feels it too.
And it's raining now a days, so I can't imagine what it would feel like in summer. But that is for someone with oily or combination skin.
It stays well through the day and has an spf of 15 which is good.
I believe it has aided a little bit in fading away a recent acne scar.
I have to use it a little more to figure out if it gets rid of dark spots on the face.
It gives the skin a nice glow as is stated.
Really moisturising.
I am not too sure about how well it work on pores, though. I will update the review after completely finishing this product and let you know if there are any changes on that aspect.
Over all, it is a great every day moisturizer and suits my skin well. I wish though there was a variant for oily/combination skin.
Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Anti-Ageing Cream + Serum Duo 
Here's a picture to show you the base of the packaging which keeps lifting up with each pump, gradually, to show much product has been used up. It's fun seeing it go up hehe but maybe not as fun when you realize the product is on the verge of getting over ;)
I usually use it after a shower because then my skin is really craving for something and it gets soaked up better. I have been asked to try it over my under eye area by a friend who claims this has helped him with his dark circles. Yeah, it's a 'him' and you know what, guys, you shouldn't shy away from commenting on beauty blogs because I know that most of my readers are male. They like taking care of their skin and why shouldn't they? Do comment, do ask questions and do give your input. Don't be shy. :)
I am tempted to try it out but I haven't ventured into doing so yet.
20g of product costs Rs.369 but a little goes a really long way. I have been using it for some weeks now and I have just managed to use a dint of it as you can see. I really need to use it sparingly because it's so rich.

I will give this product a 3/5 because it's not for my skin type and also for no remarkable changes over the period that I have used it for but it is a power packed moisturizer.



"I am trying out Olay Total Effects as a part of the product review program at BlogAdda.com" 

Share:

13 comments

  1. I am a crazed fan of Olay Total Effects range. But this cream/ serum duo is not available here. Never seen it. I loved your review. The fact that it's made in China really puts me off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naz, thank you Dear :) Oh you must review the Olay Total Effects Range sometime then. I am yet to explore all their options. Have you tried their eye cream? You are right, I have not seen this product in Dubai.

      Delete
    2. I will be doing a skincare routine post. Will feature the Olay products I use, in it. I have bought the eye cream but not used it yet..

      Delete
  2. This Doesn't Sounds Good For My Oily Acne Skin.. Though I May Recommend This To My Mom!

    Very Nice Review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice review..olay products r really gud..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely seem to young to be using an anti-ageing product! Nice review though. Can't say I have tried Olay yet but the packaging does look classy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the compliment. You are so kind. I am not as young as I appear, though ;) It is time for me to use anti-ageing products thought I wish I had started out in my twenties.

      Delete
  5. Nice review. Although with my oily skin I will give this a skip, will suggest this to my mom though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Swati :) It will definitely be benificial for mature skin

      Delete
  6. I’m using Olay Natural White for months now and I’m getting good results :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Pauline. I have been trying it out on and off. will try to stick to it to get the kind of results you have mentioned. :) xoxo

      Delete